Martin Truex jr forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 56 will have a new crew chief.

3 posters

Go down

The 56 will have a new crew chief. Empty The 56 will have a new crew chief.

Post  truexjrfan-NY Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:32 pm

Read on www.jayski.com, that Pat Tryson will leave the 2 in 2010 and be crew chief
for Martin in the 56..
Someone said they think Martin needs a new CC.... I don't know what too think.
Better to start off with someone familiar, or start off not only in a new make of car
and team, but a new and unfamiliar crew chief too?

truexjrfan-NY

Back to top Go down

The 56 will have a new crew chief. Empty Re: The 56 will have a new crew chief.

Post  zx9rwheelie Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:53 pm

I think that is what he needs. some times going back to the begining is good. I know as a carpenter some times the damage is to great and its better to just tare the whole thing down and start fresh. sitting at 25th in point and spirlling downward. I think were at that point. the crew is good, they get him out at about 14.80 seconds with very few mistakes. It's what they are told to do that is the issue. Truex also need some one to tell him to stop bitching and drive. also I think Truex has lost faith in bones. I know if you don't give me what I want I will get someone that will.
zx9rwheelie
zx9rwheelie

Http://healthierSmoke.webs.com

Back to top Go down

The 56 will have a new crew chief. Empty Heres the story

Post  zx9rwheelie Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Michael Waltrip Racing has grown in stature this year, and one reason for the organization's enhanced level of success is the addition of quality people.

MWR continued that trend Monday with the announcement that Pat Tryson will join the organization in 2010 as crew chief for Martin Truex Jr., who is leaving Earnhardt Ganassi Racing at the end of the season to drive the No. 56 NAPA Toyota.

Truex"Pat is a passionate competitor, a winner and a championship contender," team owner Michael Waltrip said Monday in a release. "Those were the traits we were looking for in a crew chief that would help Martin deliver on the track for NAPA for years to come. We couldn't be more proud to add a person of Pat's caliber to our organization."

Tryson chose to leave Penske Racing, where he has enjoyed considerable success with driver Kurt Busch since joining the No. 2 Dodge team in the summer of 2007. Busch and Tryson subsequently delivered victories at Pocono and Michigan as Busch rallied to qualify for the Chase for the Sprint Cup.

Busch is the seventh seed in the Chase this year after missing the playoffs in 2008.

"Michael Waltrip Racing has really come onto the scene this year, and the progress they have made over a very short time is impressive," Tryson said. "I believe that I can contribute. MWR is doing everything they can to get the NAPA Auto Parts Toyota back into Victory Lane, and that's what my focus will be. Martin is a talented driver, and we'll be doing everything we can to make that happen."

While at Roush Racing, Tryson guided Mark Martin to the Chase three consecutive years (2004-2006). Only two other crew chiefs, Robbie Reiser (Matt Kenseth) and Chad Knaus (Jimmie Johnson), were part of the Chase in each of the first three seasons of the new format.
zx9rwheelie
zx9rwheelie

Http://healthierSmoke.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jigajohnson Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:45 pm

Thanks for the info
In my opinion, This is very good news.
Later

jigajohnson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down